20050912

survival

i never knew how keen my self preservation instincts actually are until they started to kick in when diane and zhongkai described various grotesque means of dragging me from the train to the hospital should i faint. zhongkai thoughtfully pointed out that my elbow joint may dislocate if he pulled too hard, so he decided that pulling my leg (pun intended) was the best bet. both of them then struck gold when they realised that tying my hands and feet up to a stick like a hunted animal was perhaps an even better way of carrying me there. at this point of time, my woozy brain suddenly became clearer and forced a command to my slouching body to stand up straight and keep away from the pole. amazing, this body of mine.

and then there was another time when i could feel my temper rising out of control when i felt that someone was trying to threaten me. it was the first time ever that i ever felt so angry, i flung my arm away so hard, to be out of reach, that a blistering red trail was left in its wake. i have never wilfully allowed anyone to dictate the terms that i live my life, and i never will.

i feel oddly vindicated after all. what i said did come true. and yes, zhongkai, i agree wholly with you now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home