20061027

gosh i cant believe myself

as i looked at my tutor who was waffling on about the UN, part of my brain was processing what she said, and the other part was thinking, gosh i'm so going to miss this when i start working.

and this is how oxford has changed me. i like what i am doing, i like using my brain. i enjoy politics and economics, the former because it expands my knowledge and cuz i like to argue, and the latter because it's actually becoming increasingly applicable! i am doing an essay on us vs microsoft corp now, and it's simply amazing how relevant econs is. no abstract marginal theories, no grandiose welfare edgeworth box theories, just theories that explain how monopolies think and operate in almost all scenarios.

it fascinates me how economists can actually formalize something as exclusive dealing into its good and bad (and the in-between). it's amazing how economists can formulate models to provide a solution to the prisoner's dilemma. it makes me think, what about arrow's impossibility theorem, and gosh how much knowledge i will miss in future when i'm no longer around.

the human brain is a wonderful limitless thing. i never thought i'd be gushing about knowledge and not just perfumes.

i could go on about how fun politics and econs is, and how much better i am at bullshitting now (it's actually 2 weeks in a row that my tutor said solid effort, not sure what that means) and discussing things i have absolutely no idea about, like law and drug taking. but i will stop. my econs essay beckons, it's due 7pm (it's 740pm now) and i'm not even 1/3 way through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home