20080404

running running as fast as we can

i haven't ran a proper race in nearly 2 years. the last one i did was a half marathon in 2006, and that was pretty shit to be honest.

today i forced myself to do a long run (ok not that long, an hour long) and i was quite happy i could do it. for the first time i made myself speed up in the middle of the run too, something which i never do because i'm afraid of crashing out at the end and falling off the treadmill. i was quite happy that i could do that, and still had mindpower left to spare to force myself to race the last few minutes.

of course my legs are suffering now, but that's beyond the point. i really want to focus my running on some goal again, something that i can give myself a pat in the back for and say, that was good wasn't it?

so, i think i've made my mind up to do 5km training, with the aim of finishing it in 20mins. it's on a treadmill, so not that spectacular, but still i'll be very happy if i can do that. i suddenly realized that means running 2.4km in less than 10mins though. which i have never done. oh dear.

i have till the end of april (when my gym membership ends) to get this sorted. ah, i think it's to the gym tomorrow again, for an attempt at a speedy 2.4km. sigh. starting to wonder if this pat is worth it. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home