20081109

paris marathon here i come!

Everytime I do a long run - that is, a half marathon, I tell myself I will never, ever join a marathon. In fact, I recall telling Diane a few years back that she should stop me if I should ever decide to participate in a marathon.

So, how have I found myself in a situation where I have registered for a marathon, one in Paris no less? I blame it on the boyfriend. His ambitions have become mine, and so I will hopefully be able to run my maiden marathon in Paris, jet lag and all. To be honest I can't complain. It's a stunning place, I start at Champs-Elysées, and hopefully end in one piece down Avenue Foch. The route looks intimidating though, transversing the length of Paris. I set myself a semi-ambitious target to finish within 4 hours, and I sincerely hope I can. For one thing, I will have to start setting aside more time for running. Already I am burning quite a lot of my weekends, and now I think I will have precious little time for sleep. But again I shouldn't complain. Let me finish the race first, then complain about the effort.

Work wise, things have been hectic. Thus far, I think I may be considered to be hardworking, but hard work alone isn't enough to get a job done well. So that is my next step. I had a rather interesting interview writeup, and I think I come across as effusive if slightly dumb. Well, another thing to add onto the lengthy to-do list. Buy a thesaurus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I just happened across your blog - I am also making my maiden marathon attempt in the city of lights PARIS!! Indimidating, sure; Exciting, you bet!! Good luck in your training and I'll try to follow your path through your blog.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home