20041021

oxford interview

"well i think this article is very keynesian etc etc"
"it's surprising you said it's very keynesian. do you know who wrote this?"
"no.." (sheepish grin)
"keynes."

bam bam. so my interview continued on this trajectory. three times, my interviewer had to direct me to parts of the passage (in the fashion, look at 2nd paragraph first line, what is said), three times, no, more than that, i looked confused and could only smile what i hoped was a sweet smile to my interviewer. i think he must think i'm dumb. i guess i made some points, and said some gibberish too when he looked particularly confused. bleah. poor guy. he ended up smiling and saying it was an "interesting discussion", "good luck." to which i promptly replied, "oh thank you very much, i think i'll need it."

sigh. sometimes i think i'm way too clever for my own good.
there goes oriel. =S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home