20050101

nostalgia

i'm officially an adult. as of today, i pay adult fare, as reflected on my trip from tampines to bukit batok (my heart's still hurting). as of tomorrow, i'll be a working adult -- a student care teacher, giving tuition on the side.

why does time pass so fast?

i remember being in pri 4, or pri 5? my girl cousins and i used to bathe together, never mind that there were many other toilets for us to use. two of us would wash our hair in the sink, and the other one would use the shower. then we swapped. it was always a super soapy affair, with lotsa shouting and jokes. i didn't associate nudity with any sort of negative icky feelings, it was just me and my cousins doing another thing together.

longing.

this morning, i woke my cousins up. we started a pillow fight and friendly bickering, hardly befitting of us, two eighteen year olds, and another sixteen. while we were arguing i thought, how nice it was, that we could still be so close even after so long. yet we couldn't stay in bed playing all day long, there was work to do, clothes to pack for the tsunami victims (they don't accept them anymore. money will be best, thank you very much), cookies to bake to see if they were of sellable standard (i'm taking orders! =P), people to meet.

nostalgia.

my cousin tells me about her boyfriend problems. my younger cousin is being wooed by a number of guys, one 3 years her junior. these things didn't happen to us in the past. i could eat digestive biscuits and drink milo for tea, and eat a full dinner with lots of rice just two hours later. but now, sweets are no-no, my cousins and i barely eat a bowl of rice put together, we all prefer mee (it's a genuine preference). young as we are, we can no longer disregard the demands of society (women must be slim!), nor the various ailments that will plague us sooner or later. so we must start now, start eating healthily and exercising regularly. bleah.

(is it just me or do strepsils lozenges just make sore throats worse?)

anyway, enough of my ranting and looking back. let's hope that this year will really be a HAPPY new year, shall we? =D good luck in all the best that you do, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home